If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (435) 656-9061

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How Can I Find Out If I Have Mold?

9/11/2018 (Permalink)

Mold damage on kitchen in a St. George, UT home

Mold exists everywhere, even in the cleanest homes in St. George, UT. This is because it is naturally occurring and is very easy to track into your home. Mold spores may float into your home on the breeze or hitch a ride on your pets' paws. How can you tell when it's time to call in an indoor environmental specialist?

Signs of Mold Growth in Your Home

Once mold gets into your home, mold can take hold under the carpet, around the windows, or behind the walls. In fact, there may be mold growth in your home that you haven't noticed. Unfortunately, the key to dealing with mold is to catch it early. The good news is you can watch for signs that alert you to the problem:

  • A musty or moldy smell you can pinpoint
  • Soot- or dirt-like substance in unusual places
  • Discoloration on your walls or ceiling
  • Water stains
  • Peeling or bubbling paint or wallpaper
  • Bowed or warped walls
  • Leaky pipes
  • Condensation on the windows or other glass surfaces

The Correct Course of Action

Of course, if you notice any of these symptoms, it is best to respond right away. It may be obvious that you have mold growth and, if so, contact an indoor environmental specialist right away. If your home has been affected by flooding or unusually high moisture levels, you may not want to wait until you find the signs of mold growth. Instead, you may want to contact a professional to conduct a mold test.

What Are the Results?

Once testing has been completed, you'll have valuable information, such as the extent of the growth and the source of the colonization. With those facts, you can decide whether you can safely handle cleanup yourself or you should involve an indoor environmental specialist. You'll also be able to determine what you need to do to prevent further outbreaks. Remember, mold can occur anywhere in St. George, UT, but with the right information and good control of the moisture levels in your home, you can reduce any risks of damage associated with the mold.

Other News

View Recent Posts